We have this terminology - "Scene". Scene is a collection of layers, which can be represented as a Screen or a Component.
- Text or Shape is not a Scene.
- Frame is a Scene. (optionally)
- Page or Screen is a Scene. (which is Frame)
- A Component is a Scene.
- A Variant Set is not a Scene.
- A Variant is a Scene.
- A Instance is not a Scene.
What's special about the Scene?
- Scene is a unit of sharing
- Once a Node or a Layer is registered as a Scene, you can share
- You cannot share a Single Text Node.
- Scene is a root, a absolute positioner reletive to its' children
- When you convert a lyer inside some frame to code, Let's say a Frame, this frame's position will be relative to it's first scene-parent.
- Scene is a unit of processing, This is to prevent recursive generation of code.
Now we have a clear understanding among layers, scenes and components, we can move on to the next step.